October 17, 2007
Posted in furniture, loungeroom, sofas tagged buy furniture, buy sofas, buying matress, corner sofas, furniture, furniture shopping, leather sofas, sale sofas, sofa, sofas at 9:08 am by homesandfurniture
1. DO go shopping during the week. Avoid the weekend crowds and chaos if you can. Many are open late during the week and you can also purchase online. The madness in store will only add to the confusion to trying to figure out which coffee table has the best finish, or decide if the dark blue sofa will look better in your house than the light blue sofa! It’s better to go during quieter times when you won’t get carried away in the weekend buying frenzy nor feel rushed in to your decision.
2. DO measure everything! Before you leave the house know how much space you’ve got to play with, and also the size of your door frames – trust me, one of the main reason people bring sofas back for a refund is because they don’t fit through the door! Always measure the potential furniture before you purchase.
3. DO shop around for the best price. Look online or enquire if the store will have a sale soon. You never know, by waiting a week you could save yourself.
4. DO test the furniture. If you’re buying online, it still might be a good idea to test it out. Remember, you have to live with this! A friend of mine ordered a mattress from Argos to save money, took a day off work to wait for the delivery to arrive, only to discover she couldn’t get a good nights sleep on it.
5. DO take a photo and ask for a fabric sample. If you’re debating several pieces, they’ll all start to blur into each other once you leave the store. The beauty of technology means you can take a photo on your phone or digital camera and ask for a sample of fabric so you can really picture it in your home.